Finally back to painting Saga after a few months of distraction. Still don't have a process that I'm fully comfortable with for these guys, but I'd say they're coming out alright. And it turns out that audiobooks, while not normally something I go for, are a great way to zone out for a few hours and crank through some progress. I've finished two more points for my Rus vikings, bringing me up to a respectable three. Just eight more warriors and the warlord to go for a playable four point force!
 |
| Warrior priest of Odin, accompanied by his mystic ravens |
 |
This was a simple conversion of the Gripping Beast Jomsviking Warlord model.
Weapon swap to spear and shield, and some fur around the helmet and chainmail coat.
The two over-sized ravens were sourced from the Zombicide Murder of Crows. |
 |
First point of hearthguard. For some reason the skin especially on these gave me a lot of problems
and I'm not super happy with it. |
 |
Models are a slightly converted Gripping Beast Jomsviking, a Gripping Beast Pagan Rus Varjazi,
and two slightly converted models from Saxon Miniatures Viking and Saxon Warlords packs.
Shield transfers are, of course, from LBM Studios. |
I'm hoping that I'll manage to find a partner for the Saga Doubles tournament at Adepticon in March and get to bring these guys. So far though it's looking like they may be limited to more local pillages for the foreseeable future.
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.