Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Inq28 - Cult of the Drowned Machine WIP

"01001010 01101111 01101001 01101110 00100000 01110111 01101001 01110100 01101000 00100000 01101111 01110101 0110010 00100000 01100111 01101100 01101111 01110010 01111001 00101110 00100000 01000100 01101001 01100101 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01101101 01100001 01111001 00100000 01101100 01101001 01110110 01100101 00101110..."
- Looped recording found loaded into the vox-banks of the Multus est Mare, a fishing trawler found drifting empty 13 kilometers west of Leviticus Anchorage. 28 crewmembers are unaccounted for, and presumed dead. An encrypted translation, stored on a data-slate in the water wardens' 182nd precinct archives reads as follows: 
"Join with our glory. Die so you may live. Join with our glory. Die so you may live. Join with our glory. Die so you may live. Join with our glory. Die so you may live..."

Work has officially started on the Cult of the Drowned Machine. This will be a warband or set of NPCs for the Mare Solum waterworld project. I'll be writing some in-depth (pun totally intended) fluff on them at some point, but for now the general gist is a sort of mysterious, undead, and waterlogged dark-mech like force that worships a god know only as the Drowned Machine.

I'm taking a very piecemeal approach to construction right now, just sort of fitting things together and seeing what sticks. I've put together, then taken apart or extensively modified at least 4-5 different models so far. Some of the survivors appear below.


I tossed this together last week. An okay start.
Made from a Mantic zombie, a Tyranid adrenal gland, and some forgotten chain bit.

I almost pulled it apart to start over. Instead it became this pitiful wretch.

The first servant of the Machine that I created. It's lost an arm and gained a head,
but otherwise has stayed relatively unchanged.
Made with a Mantic zombie, FW scyllax guardian-automata parts, and part of a trygon mandible.

Skreee! First attempt at using a mold to texture a base. Came out kinda janky,
but I'll cover that up with puddles and bolted-on sheets of metal (aka plasticard).
Made with Ruststalker legs, the skeleton torso from the GW ghouls kit, 
a Tyranid adrenal gland, and the tentacles from a spore min. 


Not sure what's going on with this one. It may or may not make the cut.
Made with something from Warmahordes and a trygon tongue-spike. 

Cute little mandible arms!
(He won't stand up on his own yet, hence the tweezers)
Made with FW scyllax guardian-automata tendrils, a Mantic zombie,
a daemontte claw for the arms, and misc wires 
 
He's another one that I'm not sure about right now.
It might just need greenstuff work and final details, or a bit more a re-think.

This monstrosity is still heavily wip. Very much just seeing what sticks in terms of aesthetics.
So far contrains FW scyllax guardian-automata parts, a tervigon birthing sack, some cables, and a Kataphron servitor arm.

Size comparison with some Saga Vikings.
I don't think even brave hearthguard would like to meet this beasty!
Cheers!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.