Friday, December 1, 2017

Inq28 - Ash Wastes Strider (WIP)

Sometimes you see a bit of inspiration and just KNOW. In this case, I ran across this piece of art by James Flaxman years ago. At the time I had no idea what I'd do with it, but saved it off in a gallery of inspiration, knowing that someday it would come in handy. I probably scrolled past it 50 times or more over the course of the years until one day I was explaining my creative process and it just sort of hit me. I suddenly knew exactly how I could create an homage to the piece.

Posted Image
Just look at this adorably creepy little guy
And there's plenty more Inq28 inspiration where that came from

Parts list so far:
- Ghoul torso, arms removed (Mantic)
- Zombie legs (Mantic)
- Slaanesh Hellstrider blade arms (GW)
- Chaos Cultist gas mask (GW)
- Skaven Stormvermin spears (GW)
- A bit of metal cable (Dragonforge)


A little more tech-horror than the inspiration image, but of course, that's what's "beautiful" about 40K.
The pose ended up reminding me a lot of the landstriders from Dark Crystal 
Not sure if it'll get spikes or something similar to the piercing stakes.  


May add bandages where the ankles meet the spear hafts, may not. We'll see. 

A mysteriously anachronistic warrior for scale.

Unfortunately, this little guy is pretty low on my priority list in terms of getting finished up or painted. But when I finally get around to making a warband of ash wastes travellers he'll get the love he deserves.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.