![]() |
| The daemonhost, Saint Marchesa the Martyred, surveys the Spires |
Excerpts from vox recording, believed to have been entered by Inquisitor Amindian Galdicti, current whereabouts unknown...
3 301 998.M41
"Last night the Saint came to me and whispered that the Emperor, in his wisdom, had granted her a vision. Amongst the Palatine Spires, floating above the smog of Necromunda there lay a Cardinal, interred in darkness. There was light in the darkness, and from the light, Chaos was born into the hive, released by hubris and greed. Our holy task was made clear to me: I must prevent the Cardinal's rest from being disturbed."
3 337 998.M41
"I have arrived on Necromunda with a small cohort of followers. I would have come alone, but Interrogator Kar'ral insisted on accompanying me, along with a pair of penitents he requisitioned from the Ecclesiarchy. The Saint is with us of course. Her presence is a comfort I would scarce do without. We have begun our investigations as to the whereabouts of Konieczka's remains."
3 339 998.M41
"We have located the cemetery, but it seems we may be too late. At least one other inquisitor, a rouge trader, envoys of several navigator houses, and potentially others are already converging on the location. The Saint tells me that we must be swift if we are to carry out the will of the Emperor today.The stage is set, and all the actors have taken their places."
![]() |
| Starting to look like a gaming table |
![]() | ||||||
Beautiful building made by Vince
|
3 340 998.M41
"As we approached the cemetery it was clear that we would have to purge the heresies of our rivals with sword and flame. Adjacent to our approach a rogue trader converged on our position atop a mobile platform.
![]() |
| Vince's lovely warband on their unorthodox transport. |
Almost immediately a heavy combat servitor leapt from their conveyance to the building upon which we stood. With silent grace, the Saint moved to intercept it. The rest of us continued toward the cemetery, confident that the light of the Emperor would protect her.
As we advanced, we exchanged light fire with the Trader's retinue. Kar'ral was struck by a harpoon and I lost track of him in the swirl of battle. Their attentions soon shifted though as a navigator flaunted his witchcraft to teleport a band of warriors below our position, and another Inquisitor approached from the other end of the cemetery. Across the twisted paths the roaring engines of a gunship were heard; my rivals were moving swiftly. Too swiftly.
![]() |
| Rob's Inquisitor heads toward their objective. I declare them radical and unclean! |
![]() |
| Isaac's dropship menaces Jame's noble and T.J's mechanicus. Luckily it stayed away from me for most of the battle! |
The next moments were a blur of close fighting among the mausoleums. Apparently none of us were able to predetermine exactly where the cardinal was interred. Among the roar of gunshots, the stink of promethium and burning flesh, and the screams of the wounded and dying we searched. Clouds of smoke and poison floated between the crypts, hiding both our objective and each other in the mist. It appears that I had allies here after all; a cohort of the Adeptus Mechanicus guarded a central elevator shaft from assaults on several sides. Unfortunately, they were soon overwhelmed, their bodies and spirits broken. I prayed to the Emperor and the Saint then that I would not break so easily.
![]() |
| Isaac's forces landed and spent most of the game keeping James out of the cemetery entirely. Sandwiched as they were between James and T.J. though they were fighting a battle just to survive. |
Moments after fighting back an assailant I heard a loud crack, followed by the crash of falling stone. The heretical inquisitor opposing me had discovered and unearthed Konieczka!
![]() |
| There were ~20 crypts, and Rob managed to find the right one on his second or third try. By this point over half the total possibilities had been searched for. |
All fighting ceased for a brief moment, then the roar of battle and fervor returned, redoubled. All made haste toward our target. Others to try to steal what unclean secrets they could for themselves, me to try to stop the heretics from escaping with their foul reward. The Trader appeared directly before me, and I set him alight with the flamer hardwired into my frame. I smiled grimly as he burned, but soon turned my attention back toward the casket. Something was happening...
![]() |
| Blurry shot of forces converging |
The very air and stone warped and rent as one of the Inquisitor's servants spoke a word in an ancient and blasphemous tongue. There was a flash and a thunderclap, and all fell to their knees. I experienced a brief sense of deja vu as I wondered whether there hadn't previously been a man confronting the heretical acolyte, standing where the air now rippled with dissipating power? No, I thought as my mind cleared, there had never been a man there at all. As the Inquisitor got to her feet in triumph, and the acolyte turned toward another adversary with ill-intent written on his augmented featured I myself began smile. For immediately behind them, accompanied by the beating wings of the Emperor's will, floated the Saint, returned at last to the fray. A mouth opened once more to speak, but blood instead of blasphemy poured fourth from the heretic's gaping jaws. A holy blade, warded against the daemonic now protruded from his chest. As he slumped to the ground I felt the tide of battle shifting."
- end transcript
![]() |
| Yeah, the spires were taller than the players. Coolest table I've ever played a wargame on! |
Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get too many pictures while the fight was ongoing, and only remembered key events that directly impacted my cohort. But rest assured, the whole table to rife with conflict, intrigue, and surprise! I didn't manage to stop the exhumation, or the blasphemous words held in the Cardinals mnemonic implant from being spoken, but I did manage to immediately slay the model who transgressed, and with my daemonhost no less. So I'll call it a moral victory. We ran out of time here, and decided to call it so we could clean up. A great thematic endpoint!
Overall this event was amazing, and exceeded almost all of my expectations. Everyone had great cohorts with fantastic models, great character, and some fun rules. We did a lot of looking things up and winging it, since many of us hadn't had a chance to play with the new Necromunda rules before. They stood up well to the test though, and I'm definitely looking forward to playing more games in the Inquisimunda framework. After my first foray into the Inq28 world, I have to say that I'm hooked!
Huge shout outs to James Ward for organizing everything, writing the story and the rules, and for making the sky cemetery. Also Vince Michaels and Jonny Lashley for their terrain contributions and for lending me models, and everyone else for smaller bits of terrain and for coming out to make this story happen!
Rules:




















Looks like an awesome game! Love the bird theme on the deamon host :)
ReplyDeleteDid you by any chance have more pictures of the Inquisitor? I could use some inspiration for a cawl conversion
If you hit up Jonny Lashley in the Facebook group "The Inquisitorium - The Beating Heart of INQ28" he might have some more pics; it's his model, and definitely an inspiring one!
Delete